As a tenant, renters insurance in Florida is an extra layer of protection for your belongings. For the most part, renters coverage is quite inexpensive.
Can my landlord require me to purchase a policy? The answer is yes. A landlord can easily require a tenant to purchase a policy and maintain it as a part of the lease requirement. For the most part, this benefits the landlord as well as the tenant.
- A landlord benefits from requiring renters insurance because:
- It eliminates the threat of a lawsuit
- Reduces responsibility
- Weeds out potential bad tenants
- The deductible will be covered
- Provides a peace of mind
Florida renters insurance from https://floridainsurancequotes.net/renters-insurance-quote/ is the only way for a renter to protect all of their belongings.
Why should I purchase renters insurance in Florida?
If you aren’t required by your landlord to purchase a policy. Keep reading below to understand the benefits of having this coverage. You may realize that you should reconsider and shop for a policy.
- Completely cover all of your personal belongings against theft, fire damage, smoke, and more.
- Receive temporary living expenses if your rental becomes uninhabitable.
- Medical expenses are covered if someone on your property is injured.
- All accidents or injuries that occur outside of the home.
- Any personal belongings kept inside your vehicle
You should determine how much renters insurance coverage you need here before you buy. Make sure that you purchase enough to cover all of your belongings, and be sure to choose a liability limit that is high enough to protect you if you are sued.
It’s understandable that renters may be living paycheck to paycheck and feel that renters insurance in Florida is simply not affordable or not worth the purchase. But is having a peace of mind knowing your belongings are protected in the event of a disaster, not enough?
It’s easy to find Florida renters insurance that can fit anyone’s budget. As mentioned previously, renters coverage is quite inexpensive. Sometimes you can purchase a policy for less than 20 dollars per month. It’s definitely worth it to purchase a policy if you are currently renting or are looking to rent.